Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Dentist

So I wanted to get on top of things with the kids and made a dentist appt for all of them yesterday at 12. By one o'clock we had not been called back, I knew there was going to be problems. Yes, I understand with 3 kids it is going to take me a little while. By 2 they had been called back, but not seen. By 3, I started getting mad. I guess that is how alot of dentists are here in el paso. Alot of hispanics here that are low income, so it was some kind of clinic. I got the info on the place from my insurance. They never said anything about the wait time.

4 hours later and nothing to show for it, but a bag of popcorn they gave the kids and some new toothbrushes..I was so mad. The kids missed a whole bunch of school they shouldn't have.

They told me when we come back (which we are not) that to fill the cavities plan on 5 hours per kid. What? The place was crap and then I didn't get my errands done, so I was more crabby.

Anyway, talked to Toby yesterday and he is pretty down. Cut off like in basic. He did get to go to Church, so that was good, but by the time our conversation started we heard "you have 3 minutes remaining". Oh well.. guess I will wait til the weekend to hopefully hear his voice agian. Internet is not going to be what we thought, so we will make the most of it.

My kids are so good. After sitting at the dentist we had a meeting with the spouses from our unit. The kids sat for me for another hour. Wow, just amazing you know.

Life is good..I am beat, but life is good. lost another 3 pds, so I now have 25 pds to lose. Yeah!!

3 comments:

ferntyler said...

Liz- can't wait to read your blog! Holy cow, 4 hours - that is ridiculous... you are amazing!

Bethany said...

I'm so glad you have a blog too! I agree, 4 hours is ridiculous, I would have been more than crabby!! We're thinking of you guys everyday!

ferntyler said...

oh, and I think it is HILARIOUS that a dentist office gave them popcorn to eat....