Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Just like normal

Aside from not seeing Toby except in pictures and two different times on a webinar thing on post. I hadn't seen his changes. Toby has been working out quite a bit and in my opinion got quite strong. He looks better than in High School. It was just like normal. Some say it is wierd at first and maybe it will be when he comes home for good, but it was great.

Hard for Toby however for the first couple days to adjust. His senses were on overload with all the green and great scenery of good old home. The sound of not only kids screaming but kids laughing and people having fun. On the final day before he left we went to the mountains and went hiking and then went out where people were. My soldier was so thankful to be in America and enjoy hearing good sounds. Good sounds of people oblivious to a nasty world. He soaked it in!!!

Cera took a couple days to warm completly up but it did happen. So much that it really made it harder for him to go. We don't blame her though. She never really gets to see anyone male except for grandpa, but he works out of town alot so aside from brother males are foreign to her. She loved daddy though. As always..he is the fun parent. I like it that way..so when I am lame I can blame it on him being gone. Ha Ha

We did a ton of fun stuff. The kids went on individual dates with dad and we had a blast as a family. I will post individually about this also. Toby and I were able to go away for a couple days and that was very fun also.

We ran around like a couple of 12 year-olds having fun. Some people probably thought we were crazy, but just crazy in love lol. We workout out at the great gym that gave Toby a FREE pass while he was here. He showed me some great new moved to get me in great shape while I workout waiting for him to come back, but mostly he just made fun of me, and whipped me with the towel.

He did bring me a gift and it was very thoughtful. I got a wristband and a towel for the gym. He laughed at me becuase I didn't take it off after the gym and I love it so much..I wear it with everything and will for the next 8 months. It is kindof like some people that have a necklace or a shirt..looks great with my sunday dress!

Only downfall..we both gained some weight. We ate out at all the great old resteraunts and with that brings weight gain. Who cares..we have 8 months to lose it. Toby was like 6 pds and I am more like 8 lbs. It was worth it except most of my skinny clothes are kindof tight, but I will be hanging in workout clothes most of this next month so no worries to that.

Toby made it back to his "prison cell in the shphinkter of the earth" and we are gearing up to get the second half of our goals completed.

I am grateful for every minute I get with my family together and do not take it for granted. With sacrifice comes joy and happiness and I love to enjoy everything we face as a family.

No comments: