Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentines Day

The girls and I made traditional sugar cookies yesterday for Valentines Day. Ok, traditional means store bought sugar cookies that you roll out and decorate. Funny thing.. I couldn't even get those to turn out!! ha ha.. Good thing my kids have a pallete that doesn't care how bad my cooking is.. actually it usually tastes ok, just not a good visual.

In this picture the cookie looks more like she is putting peanut butter on toast but they had fun!



As for Valentines Day.. I have never been into this holiday either. I don't know, I think maybe I am not a romantic. I have a hard time getting flowers from my husband because I hate spending that much money on something that dies. I love them if they were picked up from Costco or something. And really, I like telling my husband how much I love him everday so this day is no other than any other day for me. And Toby is not too into this holiday. I remember one day years ago.. probably our first year being married and he forgot what day it was and asked if he could go bowling with his brother. Oopsi.. oh, well..it is overated anyway.

Last note: I am figuring out why we as Americans are overweight!!! It is because every stinkin holiday we celebrate every month is tied in some way to CANDY and FOOD!
NO wonder.
Happy Valentines!

No comments: