Sunday, April 5, 2009

Anticipation

I am updating all my posts while I sit in anticipation of what the next couple days and months holds in store for me and my family.

Toby does in fact come home in one day! yes, you read that right.. one day. I cannot believe that 15 months has gone by so quickly yet sometimes slowly. I have grown so much and learned years worth of info in this short time.

I have heard about what the welcome home is like and I will tell you of my understanding and then post later this week on the feelings that actually occured.
I will go with the kids about an hour early when the place we will meet Toby opens up for us. They will have a jumpy thing for the kids and food ( I normally would not mind this but my girls will have their hair all cute and cute dresses on and those two things are not something that fit into my plans, but that makes sense huh.. my plans? lol)

I will have the Dvd player for Cera and the kids will bring little things to keep them busy. We will go in and WAIT.. at this point time will probably seem like it stops in a bad way and every minute will take forever to pass.

THEN.. the plane will land, I will see the soldiers getting off the plane and my husband will be the strong, handsome one to emerge!.. At this point I will start to cry and fuss and fidget about all the kids. He will go to form up and will hurry to try to get a sneak peak at us. We will be in all pink so he will not be able to miss us. We will sit and pretend to listen to the foramality that takes place. I will still be crying I am sure.

Then Toby (my love) will get released to see his family.. at this point I hear it is like time really does stop and everything moves slow. I know it will be hard to stop and notice the feelings but how cool.. anyway, we have decided that because there are 300+ soldiers coming home and their will be a ton of people that I will stay put and Toby will come to us. (If I can sit still that is). Then the embrace. I am going to try to not be selfish and let the kids go first but he is not only the man I am married to, but my bestest friend ever. The kids made me promise we wouldn't french kiss cause that grosses them out, so I will try to keep it clean. And that is it..
I percieve it as being like when you have your kids. You go through months and months of ups and downs, growing, learning, having an emotional rollercoaster, then the final part is like agony in waiting.. THEN, the event happens and you somehow forget everything else for a time. You remember you had pain in labor but somehow you would be willing to do it all again in awhile..
I think this is how it will be with me. This deployment has not been the #1 thing I would choose to go through but I am thankful for it and when I comes again (and it will) I will have the redeployment memories to keep me excited.

I know most of you cannot know what it must be like to go through this but it really is an exciting experience. I am so proud of my husband and my children for the exceptional way they handled this time in our lives and for taking changes with stride.

I am thankful for the sacrifice that my husband not only made for me and my family but you and yours to be safe in this great country we call AMERICA!

HE IS COMING HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

rachel lehnardt said...

I am so excited for you all! You definitely have to let me know the feelings and what it is like since I will get to go through it too.

staci said...

Great post Liz! I got chills reading this thinking of how excited you guys must be. Will you be able to sleep tonight? I know I wouldn't. Can't wait to hear how sweet your reunion was. Enjoy your time with him. You guys deserve it. Thanks again to Toby and your family for your sacrifice. Amazing.

Tenae said...

Liz I am so happy for you! I am proud of you and all the big changes you have faced on your own. I cant wait to hear all the details. Love you!