Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Driving Backwards

I just found this labeled post and nothing written in it. I will run out and add in a bit a picture of my car and the driver side. It is still mind boggling to me that I sit on the right hand side of the car for the drivers side. And that I drive on the left hand side of the road.

Americans are considered professional drivers here, because Okinawa has not been driving cars as long as we have in America. So on that.. guess who gets blamed if there is an accident. I will try not to be negative, but it is one of my fears to get in a wreck here with someone that is local.


Off base and on base driving is sometimes different, so to keep all the rules straight it took me awhile. I think 18 months later, I might actually know most of them. Toby is the only professional driver in the family and I am practicing my backing skills here because spots are so small, it is easier to get out of the parking spot if you spend the time backing in.

I hope that my brain knows when to switch back in the states and I don't find myself on the wrong side of the road. Most embarrassing is when you go to get in the wrong side of the car. I always have to just pretend that I meant to do that and was looking for something. LOL

FUN TIMES!

No comments: