Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Waiting for Orders to Japan

I was going to name this post Waiting for Orders but we have and will in the future wait for orders to move so I wanted to be specific. We had quite a fiasco surrounding the orders and timeline for Japan. In April, I did the kids and my paperwork to get us on Toby's orders. In May, Japan still thought we were coming in November so was not in a big hurry. Well, everyone was gone on vacation for that month. In June Toby goes back to work and there is no-one that really cares if we go to Japan or not. Call after call I try to track things down. It takes until July until we start freaking out that we are supposed to move in 3 weeks overseas. I get on the phone and start calling.. I would not suggest this to all wives, but for us his chain of command could have cared less so I did the footwork.

I found the guy to talk to and he said to call him back in a couple days. When I called him back he said that he had just cut our orders for Japan and all of us were on there. We were so excited it was really going to happen. However, that was July 7th.. we were to leave in 3 weeks, and had alot to do.

We were on vacation at my moms when the orders came in, and decided to leave the kids with Grandma and Grandpa and get things done in El Paso.. ( thanks for keeping the kids for us.)

Why was it so hard to get orders you may be thinking? Well honestly it was all because of a couple people who did not care enough to do their jobs and they finally came in because of one guy who was very efficient at his. Thanks to Mr. Oneil at Fort Bliss for helping us out and doing his job..

No comments: