Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Courtneys Birthday

Well after figuring out this different computer and getting the website to not be in japanese.. I hope to have this figured out.
Today was Courtney's Birthday. She turned 11. I can't even believe it.. All the stuff that we have done in a short 11 years.
Funny that today she had no problem waking up early. Every other morning I have to wake her up 5 times.

We had a great day. She opened presents in the morning and then I took treats to school. No they were not homemade. She requested cupcakes from the commissary because that is "what all the kids bring". I guess you are supposed to order them.. so instead I took very healthy candy bars for everyone :)

She seemed to care that I showed up and did something for her. Their classes don't have parties or anything, so I am not ever really at the school.. so I think she liked the random showing up.

Then we all went to dinner at Macaroni Grill. I know we live in Japan, but she got to pick and since we get the benefits of eating American on a military base if we want.. she went with that option.

We have been doing fantastic at not eating out.. so going out with the family has become quite a treat. Once a month maybe!!! Other than that is home cooked meals.

After, we just came home and hung out as a family. She was drawing and watching a movie with Carmen while Toby gave me a blessing for my new calling I am completly not qualified for.

All in all it was a great day.

So glad for Courtney. She is going to be a great mother someday. She is so patient with the girls and such a help around the house. She adds that sweet quite spirit to our home and reminds us that we should be going to church every Sunday! :)

What a fantastic daughter I have been blessed with to be an example to me. Love you Courtney!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Mom said...

What is the calling?

ferntyler said...

Love the update! Can't believe she Is 11! Sounds like a fun day...