Saturday, March 29, 2008

End of March beginning of April

Well we are about to finish yet another month. I figure I only have to do this 12 times! Seems like not so much when I put it like that.

March seemed to be successful. Toby met some personal goals..of which are another blog in themselves. The kids and I managed to get through without killing each other..so that equals success with the Tennysons.

I started making some really close friends here and meeting alot of people. I have reached my fitness goals for the month and look forward to April. Spring is definetly here in El Paso with 80 degree weather. We have some great parks on post so look forward to utilizing those.

Spring break is over however so the kids are not excited for school monday. They only have like 8 weeks left however and then we are going on a trip with family and setting goals for the summer.

We have a special fast on sunday (which is our fast sunday because of conference next week). We are fasting as a ward for an increase in member missionary experiences and a growth in our ward. I am so excited. I love being apart of something bigger than me. Not like this is not what we are all supposed to be doing, but a special fast to get inspiration as a ward. Yeah!!

My experience with deployment is still a positive one. Alot of the wives are starting to break. I am sure my time will come, or maybe it already has but I missed it being so busy lol. I miss toby like crazy but try to live life as normal as possible.

I am building a fence next week with some materials i got from my friends neighbor who moved last week. I am searching the papers and craigslist for a swingset or something, but it will be nice to let the kids out back and have them not chase the dog down the street. Yes, I could just not let the dog out, but Carmen always wants to throw the ball for her. The ball rolls too far and the rest is history..unfortunatly history repeats itself so I am changing the scenerio.

My new friends are Bambi, Annette, and Sarah by the way. I will probably be mentioning them alot more and wanted to let you know that they all have 3-4 kids and are husbands all are overseas.

I am committed to blogging more of my experiences and look forward to April and closing my book on March. I have learned alot this month on what I am capable of and what I am not. I am thankful for my Heavenly Father who fills in the gaps. Thank you all for your support and prayers.

2 comments:

ferntyler said...

sounds like you are actually starting to have a lot of fun! what was your fitness goal that you reached this month? I had a friend named Barbie in college, she was always crazy fun..

Liz said...

My fitness goal for march was to be able to run a 9 minuted mile without stopping. busted my butt, but i did it. i am also down to 159!