Thursday, March 27, 2008

Have I actually become one of them?

I was laughing too hard last night to blog!! In my neighborhood people are moving in and out, cleaning while packing and unpacking and figuring out how to fit our stuff in these military houses. The night before garbage morning alot of stuff goes to the curbs to be picked up. Some good, some way bad and just gross.

It is funny to drive down the street and see the stuff out there and then drive down hours later before the trash company comes and the item is gone.

Normally I do not pick through trash or even care what my neighbor is tossing out. This week however....last night a neighbor down the street was throwing out a rocking chair!!

Yes, a perfectly good rocking chair. I came home and was digesting the thought of turning in to one of those people that go around and pick up all the free stuff. I was in the house maybe 30 minutes and put Cera to bed.

I decided I wanted the rocking chair and didn't care that it simultaniously put me in the white trash thievery group. Who cares right? It is free.

I went out to get it and it was already gone!

Bummer, and now I know that I have become one of them, and got nothing for it!!

2 comments:

Emily said...

LOL!! I love it! I totally would take a rocking chair for free. Even if it was off of the curb.

ferntyler said...

that is so stinking funny! now if you are going to be taking stuff out of people's trash, you gotta move fast!! We can't leave things out here that don't fit in the trash can so lots of times people just leave stuff out on their driveway with a "free" sign on it - it never lasts long..