Monday, May 12, 2008

Always look good enough for your picture to end up online


I was yet again running around this week and trying to fill our time with great wholesome/free activities. We have a great program here called Waiting Families. The government gives so much money to have some free activities to do while we "wait" for our family member. At first I was skeptical on how a free dinner would make up for my husband being gone, but it really turned out to be a great outlet for us.

They have free bowling and pizza one night a month and free dinner and games at the local arcade place another night a month. I was going to sign up for the free bowling that was going to take place on Saturday of last week. They all know me because I am always toting my kids around and lets be honest, we are a good bunch. Anyway, there is some lady complaining behind me that nobody is showing up.

Showing up? What for? It was apparently military spouse appreciation day. Who knew? I guess not really anyone because the press were showing up and no wives were there except for the ones cutting the cake. One lady begged me to stay to show my support and promised a free piece of cake. Long story short I ran to the car and washed the licorice that Cera was eating off her face and tried to fix Carmens hair. It was wash day for me so I had on my not favorite clothes. Why would it matter I thought that day. I wasn't doing any Mary Kay, so who cares what I look like. BAD MISTAKE

Press were there and of course panning up and down me and my kids standing next to the cake cutting. I called a friend after to ask tell her to probably watch for me on the news that night and not laugh too hard. NO NO

I get an instant message from one of Tobys friends who was going to login into the the worldwide AKO website.. there lies a picture of me and my girls!! Are you kidding? Nope there I was waiting for my free piece of cake. The website it was on is literally seen by thousands of soldiers and their families.

Not only that but then I was following a story that led me to Military.com there lies a story of spouse appreciation day and there again is a picture of the Tennysons.

I hope you don't take this wrong because I don't mind my picture being on good websites like these, but it is just a lesson I should be on top of my game if I am allowing press to take my picture. Guess this might be the end of Carmen dressing herself for awhile.

Side note: I contacted the guy that took my picture and told him when I am Mrs Texas next year I will be back and give him a real story!! He laughed so I guess he isn't interested. Oh well..it's all fun until you end up online not looking your best.

2 comments:

ferntyler said...

HILARIOUS. it also goes to show that you can't trust what a picture says (i.e. tons of women turned out because they all knew about it, NOT this mom just happened by and we begged her to get her picture taken because no one else showed.. ha ha) in the news.. for the record, you still look great (although you might have taken the licorice out of cera's hand... ha ha hah ahahehe hee

Liz said...

Taking licorice out of Cera's hand would make a picture of a screaming bloody murder baby!! No I would rather risk the dirty face