Monday, May 12, 2008

Mothers Day program

I arrive to church on Sunday about 20 minutes early to greet new visitors and talk to the missionaries about any new successes and what I can do to help. I had a new friend that moved here and was waiting for her families arrival so we could meet in person.

I am the Primary Chorister but had forgotten to actually let the Bishopric know that I had prepared the kids to sing the rest hymn. The Primary Presidency was recently changed so I guess that detail had been forgotten. The kids were so excited however so I had to stand up and go to the front to tell the Bishop of the changes.

Rest hymn time comes and I tell the kids to come up..oh man I was praying my little heart out that it would sound good. We sang the "I see my mother kneeling song". As I sit here I can't remember the title and don't want to get up to look, so I hope you all know what I am talking about. We sing the first and second verse together and then girls and boys split.

We start out and it is going great..all the sunbeams are even singing the right words loudly. There is one random trying to stick his fingers in the piano but you can't have everything perfect right? We break to parts and oh man.....I start bawling. That is the one reason I didn't want to accept this calling. I cry when I feel the spirit and to always be hearing these sweet kids singing, I have to constantly hold it back. The poor bishopric start handing me kleenex and we finish!!!

They were AWESOME!! Seriously, I am so excited for the program in the fall..All the mothers felt loved and everyone felt the spirit. YAY... I am so grateful for faith building experiences and the opportunities I have been in lately to participate in them.

1 comment:

ferntyler said...

I always cry when the Primary sings - Brooke even says now - mom, we sound so good, you are totally going to cry :)