Monday, May 12, 2008

Cyrus



I have to give a shout out to my son Cyrus who turned double digits today. Crazy how time flies when you are having fun!!

Cyrus has been having much success especially since his Dad has been gone and I wanted to make sure he and everyone else knew how proud of him I am.

We just had a Pack Meeting a couple weeks ago and Cyrus earned his Bear. I am so proud of him. We have been working really hard on this and feel a great amount of pride for his accomplishments. He not only earned his bear but Cyrus also recieved 17 yes 17 extra arrows. He is such a hard worker and it definetly shows in scouting.

He recieved is Weblos book today for his birthday and we are excited to start out strong with in that arena.

Thanks to all of you family members that gave him great gifts of what he wanted (money). He had 100 today from his family (toby and I included). Talk about kid in a candy store. He picked Walmart, and was almost frantic in his search for the perfect thing to buy himself. I am so proud of him because he saved more than half of it and offered it to me to pay for some more minutes to talk to dad..bless his heart.

Cyrus is such a character and heart set on being a comedian someday. He is like Toby and I on being able to have people listen even if he is babbling, we just need to tweak the joke telling. (He laughs so hard at his jokes he can't finish the joke)

Cyrus loves to share the gospel and let everyone know of his testimony. He is always having great conversations with people about church and the God loves us as his children. He is very smart and has the heart of his dad. Never giving up no matter what. He has had many obstacles but pushes through. He is great at reminding mom that it is family time and scripture time.

Cyrus has some great athletic ability and I hope it leads to my retirement someday. Not only has he been doing a conditioning class with Elite gymnastics but he is doing flag football with the 10-12 year old and running cirlcles around the older kids. Coach made him a team captain because of his "natural leadership abilities" (coaches words not mine) and I am so excited to see him learn and grow.

I love all my kids and they all have such great individual talents and personalities. Cyrus is very special to me and I am grateful for him being in my life as I have grown up. If you think about it, he has been toted around the country, taken along on every dream and every obstacle I have been on in my adult life. He is such a godsend and I am so blessed to have him here to teach me so many things.

1 comment:

ferntyler said...

Happy Birthday Cyrus! I can not believe you are so old.. that is crazy. When I hear your mom talking about your laughter I can totally hear your laugh, it is so infectious... hope you had a good one..