Friday, June 6, 2008

June goals

Holy cow, now that I am officially late on setting my goals for the month I am getting extra pumped for this week to work twice as hard.

June brings some challenges for me with the kids out of school but also great opportunities also. I have a friend who has a great idea of having a summer theme with her kids. She is studying ancient cities (which is totally cool). I have decided to focus on fitness.

My kids and I are going to start training to do a race together. Toby wants us to do the Bataan March in White Sands next year and it is pretty grueling but why not start training now. I am going to focus alot on different kinds of food and how it fuels the body and we will put together a book of favorite recipes that are healthy.

I really need to bump up this cardio so I will be able to run the full 3 miles 3 times in 25 minutes or less by June 30th. I will be able to do lunges across and back of the full length gym. My situps will get up to 40 in two minutes. I will be able to do 5 real pushups (man that is hard for me).

As far a spiritually I plan on focusing my efforts on studying my scriptures and acting on the promptings I recieve. I will make it to the Temple this month. Once in Juarez, once in Albequerque and a couple times in Utah.

Cyrus wants to be able to run a mile without stopping and Courtney is going to finish 2 miles.

Carmen is going to know her alphabet and her numbers to 30. She really loves music so we are going to work on some more songs to memorize.

I will finish my book...I thought I had it, and now it is gone ( I needed to change some things anyway)..yes, Jen I will bring it with me to see if you can retrieve.

I will INSPIRE this month people to do things they thought they could never do..let me know what it is that you really want to achieve..Anything is Possible.

My Mary Kay business is coming along good but I will bump it up to GREAT
There it is and a vacation and moving somewhere in the mix..I already am so excited for June and cannot wait to let you know how it feels to achieve all these goals.

2 comments:

ferntyler said...

now you're scaring me cuz you are seriously goal crazy right now! My summer theme with my kids is HAVING FUN! I am going to try to teach them about different things ("try" is my code for "not going to happen").. mostly we are just going to hang out - we do reading time every night before bed, though, so we'll keep that up :)
Seriously, though, be careful on your running - I have been running for 2 years and I still can't do 3 miles in 25 minutes, and if you are having pain, if you speed up that much you might hurt yourself even more - instead of setting a really fast time goal, why don't you just say to do it in 30 minutes - that is still really fast, and is on par with your fastest 2 mile time, but you won't kill yourself doing it! good luck...

Jennifer said...

Goal-licious!! Good luck. My goal for June is to have fun on vacation, plan a future vacation, and not go crazy. The kids goals are to drive me crazy---oh, wait I was supposed to come up with something they don't do already ;)