Friday, June 6, 2008

Where a good attitude can take you

In all my things I do, I sit back and think how awesome I would be at something. I sat giving plasma the other day and thought I would be good at being a phlebotomist because I would able to make patients feel comfortable. So then I thought "well then I would be a great nurse"

I continued to think this way for the remainder of the hour. Fitness Instructor ( when I get some coordination), Life Coach, waitress, nail tech, hair stylist, tanning salon manager, bank teller, car salesman, Army Recruiter, Congressman (ok I got a little carried away).

What all my thinking led to was that I am not necessarily meant to play all these roles in life, but how if you have a good attitude you can do anything. Everyone has different personalities (and you better believe I know how awesome mine is!!! lol) but we each have something to share and I hope you are sharing with someone or something. Not just in jobs, but in life. How many times do we go throughout our day without any purpose? How many times do we end our day and wonder what we accomplished?

Each of us is blessed with different talents and gifts and let us not forget they need to be USED!! I cannot sing very good, but I sing with all my heart..I as spoken of before cannot dance, but love to try. I do love to meet people and make new friends and I understand that is not easy for everyone, but it could be if you practiced. I urge you to find one special talent this week and make it better. USE IT!! You will find you have more and then it starts to build. If we do this with a fantastic attitute we cannot fail.

I am going out this week and succeeding in all my endeavors and hope you will join me in developing a new talent or working on one that is weak..WE CAN DO IT

2 comments:

ferntyler said...

Clearly I need to work on my attitude, mostly I just think, "man, I wouldn't want to have to do that" for almost all the jobs you listed. I think I could probably do them, I'm just glad I don't have to :)

Jennifer said...

I'm impressed you run into that many people in an hour. If I detailed an hour of run ins, the most interesting would be grocery store checker---looks like time I started getting out more ;)