Monday, June 2, 2008

Personal Revelations

I just wanted to remind everyone that we are entitled to personal revelations and am so greatful for the opportunities we have to learn and grow in this mortal existance.

I am not going to lie, I have been struggling with going back to work at a regular JOB for awhile now and have actually been trying to get my kids ready daycare if that was my choice. I have been contemplating moving back to Utah. Toby and I have some major goals and I am committed to taking a role in them. It will requires some sacrifice on our part but will be worth it when Toby gets home.

After much prayer and fasting I have decided to not return to work. I have learned that Heavenly Father wants/needs me in El Paso at this place and time.

I struggled with this decision because in this expensive day and age the money would be helpful. With my decision I have however decided to make some major changes in my spending habits. With much sadness (I am sure I will get over it) I have decided to put my cell phone on a military hold until Toby gets back,I will be moving into an apartment, I have cancelled our basic cable, and am trying to decide what to do with my gas guzzling SUV.

These decisions were not easy for me, but with the Lord's help we will succeed. It is so fulfilling to be able to fast and pray and know with assuridy what you are supposed to do. Sometimes I don't like the answers I receive and do it my way, but as the years go by I am figuring out that I can trust the Lord and have courage to take action in His Plan. I know that I sat with Him in Heaven and went over some of these things and agreed on them and for that I am willing and able to do this now.

What a great church I belong to. What a fantastic opportunity we have and I am so excited to pass along this happiness to others.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Liz,
I will have to tell you my stories about going back to work.... Not too fun for me! Hugs to you! See you Thrusday!

Teri Hardy

Jennifer said...

having just started back Monday I have to admit I am giving work the thumbs down (blah). You've always been willing to make the sacrifices necessary for your family. will the kids have to change school if you move? we are going to have to move again in sept and considering all options (including apt, etc) and I'm dreading it already---keep us posted!

Jennifer said...

Oh and I just have to comment on gas prices. Filling up the Tahoe is almost 100 dollars now--I remember it used to be between 20 and 30 when we first got it. Totally ridiculous, that puts a kink in anyone's budget, but with kids.... Sigh.

Anonymous said...

OMGosh Gas prices!!! I have a suburban, and I filled up yesterday at 100 dollars. I could have filled up 26 gallons, and could have had 2-4 more, but the pump would not let me go over 100 dollars. It is rediculous, not only the gas, but the effect on everything it has like groceries and other things. Everyone has to raise their prices. grr

Teri