Friday, June 6, 2008

Seriously pull yourself together

You know those weeks when your life is full of excitement and full of spiritual experiences that you are on overload?

Sunday was a great start to my week with Fast Sunday. I was crying the whole time at church and just one thing after another prayers and inspirtation was being answered for me.

Monday morning is usually a time when I run all my errands and start my week off good. I had a request from the missionaries to make me breakfast because "Sister Tennyson is the best member of the church". Ok, they are just really loving me because of all the people I send to them to teach. Anywho..they came over and made me eggs, bacon and toast. And did the dishes. Pretty good for these guys. I was really greatful and as always they shared a great message with me and reminded me to be a good MEMBER MISSIONARY! I was crying after dropping them off because again I was reminded of how God has placed me in this place at this time and wants His work to progress through me.


Tuesday, I have not excuses for Tuesday except that it was the day before Wednesday lol
I refused to do anything remotley productive and spend the day throwing up and body aching.

Wednesday..still throwing up so I didn't make it to the gym. Had an awards Ceremony for Courtney in the morning where she got commended for the TAKS Test. She got 100 on it and I am so proud of her. I started bawling from the moment I went in the gymnasium to when I got in my car. I was just thinking of all the things my parents have supported me through and how that love never ends. Love you Mom and Dad and am so greatful for the sacrifices you made for me and the support you have always been.

That same day I went back for Cyrus's awards that he got one in Music and one in Leadership. Again with the crying. Then I was driving down the street and saw a soldier in his car and he took off his cover like Toby would and I started again. I started thinking of this time last year I moved to El Paso, and how much I love the heat!!!

Thursday I got to go to lunch with a new friend and on the way home started crying..I was so greatful to have the opportunity to meet with her and start building our memories and friendship. That night I made a list of all my friends and family that I love and it was a really long list and I started to cry.

I cried because God has given me such a blessed life. He has granted me a fantastic family with Awesome sisters (that I seldome talk to).. A super set of parents that no matter what love me and support me. A husband that not only loves me but goes to fight for the country that I live so safely in. A great bunch of kids that really do have awesome manners and are polite when it counts. He restored this church on earth today that I could be a member and find His lost sheep.

Tonight I had an opportunity to go to a friends house and have a fun wholesome night and meet new people. I then picked up Cyrus from a scout camp and was reminded how awesome my church is for having this opportunity with it. Cyrus had a blast!!

I will get up early in the morning and walk the Canyon with my kids and enjoy Gods creation. I am so excited to take in all the small animals running around (or big spiders, but I appreciate that they have a purpose). I will be able to serve my family in the morning and then spend time on my Primary projects. I have a baptism that I get to lead the music for and cannot wait to feel the spirit there. After that I am going to make sure that we are ready for Sunday and get myself ready for Sunday.

I know this is long, but I hope you all know that I am trully greatful for each one of you. Some think they read this invisibly, but I know you know my heart and that I love you. I love family, old friends and new. I love my Heavenly Father and Jesus and am so thankful for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latterday Saints and for its true principles that guide my life.

So although I have been crying all week long, it is good..it is because my the spirit has touched my heart. I love you all!!

2 comments:

ferntyler said...

wow - quite an emotional post (we must get that from mom)... definitely the positive attitude working overtime today! keep it up..

Anonymous said...

Aww!! I enjoyed Thursday as well. I wish it was longer!!! LOL.

Teri