Monday, June 30, 2008

Tape Player is some difficult technology

Today I was out for a morning run and there was this old guy standing on the corner getting ready for his morning walk. He was standing there getting very frustrated with his music device. After deciding he wasn't a serial killer I went over to help. I thought for sure his grandkids had purchased an IPOD for him and he was using it for the first time or something.

Turns out his wife wanted to get him motivated to start walking again so she pulled out all the stops and got him a TAPE PLAYER? I asked him if she bought it or just got it out of some 20 year storage (ok I was a little nicer about it, but still?) He said "he didn't know where she got the blasted thing but technology these days cofused him". I asked him a couple questions and then he asked me how to push play on the tape player and added he is so scared of computers and what they know about us or something like that.

I thought it to be very funny and sad at the same time that technology changes so fast. Some people obviously literally get left behind.

With giving up my cell phone and my IPOD out of commission, if I stop blogging beware it may be leaving me behind as well :)

1 comment:

ferntyler said...

hilarious - where do you even get tapes nowadays? I guess if you just have your old ones, you don't really need new ones, right - you go old man