Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Success and Failure

I have to confess that June was full of Success and Failure for me. I have been on a high with success that it was only a matter of time I be humbled. I once again had put too much on my plate. I completed most of it, but it led to some failures. I have learned from them and know that you only trully fail if you refuse to try again.

I am super excited about getting back in the gym. I have been out of commission being on vacation and not having a jogging stroller was difficult for me to go out. I have found a gym to go to for the next 2 weeks and then back home. Mary Kay was a big thumbs down for me this last month but am looking forward to all the people that are begging me for a free facial.

As far as my kids..they are soo awesome. We have our moments, but they do have great manners and are really smart. Every single one of them. Just having an awesome summer trying to not think of our countdown.

For July however.. I have to do some major stuff to reach my before toby comes home goals..I have to get my run time down. Toby has much longer legs than I, and promises "he'll jog so I can keep up"..but this is the first time in our lives our family will go out and go on a run all together. I am so excited.. I have this last 10 pds to lose, which my diet needs to be re-evaluated with my moms good cooking.
I am going back to el paso to move myself into our new apartment. I am going to try not to freak out about it being perfect, but will try. The kids and I decided to train for a 5k in August so that will be fun.

All in all, I did set June up to be a huge disaster, but I came through it ok. I am starting hormone replacement therapy and will put it out there.......if I start being a not so nice person..someone needs to step up and tell me (ok?)

Many times in my life have I gone through bad hormone days and everyone lets it slide..not this time. I am giving you all permission to call me out!

Ok, well here I am rejuvenated, feeling better and at 12:30 have my alarm set to get up at 5 to go to the gym for a couple hours.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Focussing on the success is always a good thing, you can be very proud of everything you do--you're at least a few steps ahead of those of us that are notoriously bad at setting monthly goals ;)

ferntyler said...

you're as bad as robie going to bed at 10:30 and waking up at 4! crazy, I need more sleep than that :) back to el paso? sometimes you just have to give your body a break, you'll pick it back up - and don't even try to be as fast as toby, I've been trying pretty hard, too, but I have to accept that it is actually impossible (unless Toby stops running so he isn't in shape anymore :)