Sunday, August 24, 2008

Pity Party-OVER

Ok, No toby is not here nor has he called to say he was even leaving from across the world to head our way.. I have however gotten some projects done that I have been putting off until after R&R and some much needed homework for next week is also complete. My pity party lasted about a day and I am over it.

I did what I tell other women to do and pulled out my goal sheet. This deployment is not over. We are not even half way quite yet, and although he is coming home to visit we still have a ways to go..SO SUCK IT UP! I told myself and that is what I did.

How am I going to write a book about deployment without going through the crap and then overcoming it and doing it quickly? How are we to be the poster family for the Army if I get mad when it concerns nothing I have a say in?

Anyway..I really am grateful for the Army and the change it has made in my relationship with my husband. I am very thankful for the benefits we receive (this flight is not costing me anything but time). I am very thankful for the strength that it gives me and molds me to be a better person. I hope to someday show all the women with me that go through this experience that we can have crappy times, but we bounce back and the quicker the better.

I have a couple more projects I put on my to do list for tonight so better get crackin'. I decided to put together a dvd for toby to take back with him of pictures of leave and am going to get that all set up so I just have to add as we make memories.

I really do love my life and love the decision my husband made 18 months ago.

1 comment:

ferntyler said...

that dvd sounds really cute (and like it will take a lot of time, which is perfect).. didn't you have to get the kids ready for school, too?