Sunday, September 21, 2008

Here we go...

MORE GOALS>>

I have been working on these and making sure I want to commit but here it goes. We have 7 months to accomplish a ton of stuff.

1. I will be a size 6! I don't care how much I weigh, but size 6 and this fat roll on my stomach will not bug me anymore.

2. I will run a half-marathon. I am in a running class and we are all running it after the class finishes, so this should be easy.

3. Run 2 miles in 16:35 minutes. I will be running fast for me, but for two miles I can pull it out and I have a couple months to train. With that 82 situps, and 50 pushups. I get these numbers off the Army AFPT requirements. Those times would score me a 300 and that is awesome in their book.

4. Eating clean. This is the one thing that has been missing and I am ready to make the switch in my thinking and eating. I think eating clean will help me with my energy to accomplish my goals, so this is fundamental.

5. Breakdancing.. Yep..breakdancing. Kids and I start monday in our breakdancing class. I really want to learn how to dance and this class was something we could all do. We go to class and have a recital in December that you are all invited to.

6. Finish my associates degree. I was admitted at SLCC just shy of an associates. If I can get it done this year then I will only have about a year and a half left to finish.

7. Finish my book. I have a publisher interested in my work and that has made me stress and not work on it. I have to finish to be able to speak about it.

8. Get our passports. This is more for my to do list but it is a goal I have had for two years and will do it this fall. Me and the kids!

9. Be an instrument in Gods hands. I have been struggling with being in Utah and not seeing where I am needed. I know there are opportunities now, and am going to put myself out there to find them and fill the position.

10. 28 weeks of sheer hard work. I trailed off at the end with moving home and toby coming to visit. Although I am still sick a couple times a week, that will be over soon. I think of the scripture of Christ bearing our burdens. "Run and be not faint, walk and be not weary" Ok.. I think that is how it goes. When I think of it however, I think that he will help me after I have made the effort to start walking..I know I can do this and am so excited to accomplish everything on my list.

Most of the goals are physical but I hope to find balance in my life and I LOVE BEING BUSY!

2 comments:

Tenae said...

I love reading your goals. It inspires me to work on mine. Can't wait to talk to you about the kids.

ferntyler said...

50 pushups - on your knees of full? that's awesome, I might have to work towards that one, i do like 15 every other day, but even that is still hard :).. what's your book about (non-fiction/fiction?)? good luck with keeping up with school, knowing you you will do great!