Saturday, September 20, 2008

Modern Technology

Toby has been gone a week and it seems literally like FOREVER! The days have gone by fast but slow at the same time. Anyway..We got to see him today. It amazes me that modern technology has brought to pass the opportunity to see my husband when he is getting up in the morning and I am getting ready for bed. IT WAS AWESOME>

We had to figure it out so that the feed was good on his end, but it was amazing.

Cyrus tried on his halloween costume and got to show it off..Courtney tried on a couple different costumes and was able to be silly.

When he was home and he was getting re-acquainted with Cera they would sing the popcorn popping song and she started doing actions with him right before he left. Today they were able to see each other and sing together. It was heart warming. Before it was a whole conversation trying to explain what they were doing and the faces and all that was hard to paint a picture for him, but now both sides can see each other.

Carmen liked it to see her dad but I think she actually really loved to see herself in the little window that showed what our webcamera was doing. She is hilarious. Putting on lipgloss like it was a mirror. Toby got a kick out of it. She can now show him her fingernails when they get painted a different color and he can see what she is trying to show him.

I am so excited for this opportunity to see him and get to talk for free is awesome. I am so thankful for this chance we get with the internet and hope it gets to stay for the next 7 months.

Now, if someone can just invent a camera with a portal so I can actually touch him this deployment would be a breeze. I will take what I can get for now, but when he goes back in a couple years I fully expect that to be a choice for me!! lol (if only)

No comments: