Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Las Vegas




This was a highlight for Toby and I as we took off for a couple days to Las Vegas. It was fun to get away and not to lie..rest..

We took off first thing in the morning and flew to Las Vegas. We got there early and didn't know if they were going to let us check in. I am a cheapskate so we got some passes to stay at the hotel (Planet Hollywood) if we went to a stupid timeshare presentation. What is an hour or two of my time?

Total score. We checked in and finding out later our reservation had us down as current owners of a timeshare and wanting to upgrade. HA HA. They put us in a penthouse suite that was sooo awesome. It was at the end of this big hall and it had double doors to go in. It had a dining room, living room with a panoramic view of the strip and a huge tv, two bathrooms, a small kitchen type thing, and then a big bedroom with another huge tv. A really big master bathroom with a great jetted tub. We walked around wondering how we were staying there for free. We didn't unpack for a couple hours because we thought for sure there was a mix up and they were going to move us.

The hotel was really nice but there was no ice on our floor so that kind of made me sad. I love to stay in hotels just to get ice and a soda and sit and watch tv. (i am a little weird I know)

We walked around and just took it in together. Man we had some really good laughs! We rode the Deuce which is the double decker bus that runs up and down the street..oh how funny that was! We sang happy birthday to a random lady and then she burst out in tears. The driver didn't know what to do! HA HA

Ok..mom look away. I did sin..I will not lie about it.

Toby and I got our first Tattoos!. Toby got his on his leg and just all our our initials and I got a compass with his initials in the middle and a C for every direction. We are now branded to each other so we are recommitted to this separation stuff and each other. No..I am not going to get all tatted out but I have never done anything off the beaten path really so that was it.




Next day we had to go to the timeshare presentation where we found out that they thought we were going to upgrade. Toby told them no and the lady freaked out. We were for sure we were going to get to our room and our stuff would be outside or that we would have a huge bill waiting. But no..they lived up to their deal and so did we. HA HA on them.. I love it!

We went and walked the strip and saw some great building. We figured that Cera must feel the same as we did. Everything so big and you are so small it is amazing. It was pretty good weather and just really fun to hold his hand and stroll down the street.

Last thing before I bore everyone to death. Toby does a great job at making me comfortable to be myself. Who cares what people around you think. I was thinking about this in the airport when we were waiting to leave. There was a bit of time to wait so we laid on the floor and just took it in. I of course started to cry thinking of him going back. I just thought of how it it is not "normal" to be snuggling on the floor of the airport, but why not? So many times I have missed out on experiences like that because I cared about what the "norm" was.

All in all I didn't get to crazy in Vegas, but it was a blast and I am so glad that Toby and I got a chance to go and relax and make some great memories to last us the next couple of months.
I love you Toby!

6 comments:

staci said...

Fun pics of you guys having fun in Vegas! That sounds like a well deserved get away for you two! Love the tat's by the way! :) Did it hurt??

TJ said...

Oh Liz!
I am so happy that you two had a good time, alone together. It is really important to have that time. It is really hard to say good-bye again knowing how it feels and all that, but it is also ok because he will be HOME when he returns. Stay strong and know that there are people everywhere (because you can touch everyone you come in contact with!) praying for Toby's safe and swift return.

((HUGS)) Teri

TJ said...

Oh yea! great tattoo's You rebel!

Liz said...

Staci- I managed not to scream or cry but it only felt like someone was cutting me with a piece of glass for an hour. No really it wasn't that bad!

ferntyler said...

Wow - looks like fun! [insert awkward silence about tattoo, ha ha] I'm so glad you guys had some alone time, I think that is one of the most important things to keep a marriage strong - especially when he is gone for so long!

Tenae said...

Great to hear about your time together! I almost fell off my chair when I got to the tattoo part! LOL I would totally get one if I thought Kenny wouldnt freak. You are awesome and I love having you as a friend. I need some direction from you in the goal setting for the kids area. I am fine doing my own, but need some ideas for setting family goals. Give me a call if you have a minute....i would love to talk.