Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Quirky Tag

Ok, so my sister Michelle did this on her blog and I think she was mentioning me as being tagged, so here it goes. I am supposed to name 6 quirky things about me.

1. If you know me at all you will be laughing at a memory of me and you at some point in our lives together. I am late to most things. I have worked hard on being 10 minutes instead of 30 minutes late but I am late a lot. I will always be there, just not always on time.

2. I love to write. I love to write stories, letters, my book, my blog, notes to friends. You name it, I like to write it. I don't like spelling however and it is quirky of me that sometimes I don't even bother with spell checker even though I know that there are mistakes.

3. I love being an Army wife. I love getting to be supportive and being in a situation that almost forces me to take it day by day and appreciate everything I have. I love change and it is a perfect lifestyle for me.

4. Quirky as it may be but I only like working out my biceps and back. I hate triceps day, but maybe I should change my attitude? My abs never show a difference but but I do sit ups none the less. I wear makeup and earrings to the gym! My daughter makes fun of me, but who likes to look at themselves lifting weights looking ugly? Not me

5. I love Carbs. I am working on eating good carbs right now, but if I could I would eat a loaf of french bread with butter for every meal. And I am a dipper. I love to dip my food into a dressing or sauce.

6. I am an avid goal setter and planner. It is not so much quirky as it is freaky. I always have a good old goal poster hanging on my wall with deadlines. I have the weeks and days broken down for the next 7 months. My daily task list is filled out from 5 am until midnight. I love lists..Toby hates when I ask if we can make a list together because he knows that is how I get him to committ to stuff. However, I do accomplish many things because of these said lists.

Most of these things everyone knows but I don't know if you all know that I am nocturnal. I have been ever since I can remember. It leads to some tiresome days with my kids who are not nocturnal, but I love the alone time and I really do get a ton done late at night.

2 comments:

TJ said...

LOL! That is funny! You know, the first "date" we had planned, you were like 45 minutes late! LOL. I though I was being stood up. :)

Good times!

ferntyler said...

thanks for doing it - i was definitely talking about you :) I knew most of those, but #4 is definitely the quirkiest - biceps i can understand, but back? makeup at the gym - i don't even know what to say to that - I gotta be all clean cuz otherwise when i wipe the sweat off I'd be wiping big things of makeup off, too..