Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Pray and Vote

I just wanted to take a couple minutes of anyone who takes the time to read my blog to mention something to everyone. I first want to come right out and say VOTE! I will be upfront and say you should be ashamed if you are not going to. That is right.. I will say it.

Secondly..some things I have some strong feelings on and it may just be the experience I have gained in the last 10 years or may have some merit..you decide. We as Americans can not continue to make bad choices and expect the government to bail us out. We cannot continue to think we are entitled to this lush livelihood that our parents worked their whole lives to get. I was called by many friends years ago that tried to talk Toby and I into getting into one of these "easy mortgages". That is one of the good choices that Toby and I saw as something too good to be true. But now many Americans are mad because their "awesome idea" didn't turn out. I feel for the people who can't afford their homes, but that is something you should think about is the future of your choices.

I will continue with the premise that most people should know that Toby and I in the past have not been too good with our money. We have made poor choices just like everyone. I know how it feels to go out and have a good time and then try to pay for it later..but this has got to stop.

Toby and I have also known the pressures it puts on a family to either get health care in a plan or pay for it later when you don't have it and go into some kind of of crazy coma. I know how it is. It devastated our family for years. Please hear my heart. I have government run health care and I am overjoyed that it is free. Some people however that dream of this would be sorely disappointed with the care we receive. I do have the opportunity to get a second and third opinion at no cost, but if you dream of this for health care, please know anything promised for nothing is just stupidity. I sacrifice my husband away at war to get this health care, so I kind of think I deserve it.

Lastly, I want everyone to know that my life is pretty much run by the government. They get to send us wherever they want, split us up, change things all the time when they want and provide all my livelihood. I can endure this life. I feel it is kind of something that I was being prepared for. I feel in my shoes taking this on. I do know however a lot of people that do not like the military life and get out. Please again.. lets not have the government run your life. Make a good choice with whomever you feel would steer us away from that.

Ok, so my last words on this are: Please Pray these next couple weeks and make the choice you feel is the right one. Please know that God wants to help us and wants to help protect us, but cannot take away our free agency. If we do nothing or make wrong choices we have to take the consequences for those actions.

I know I am not huge into politics, but I just want everyone to know that it is time to step up and make sure you we don't have a lion in lambs clothing. Let us not be easily swayed by easy promises. Let us do our part and make a good change.

I love you all!

2 comments:

staci said...

Well said Liz. I too think it is very important to vote. I know sometimes we think, what can I possibly contribute? I'm only 1 person. But we have this right to vote, we should take advantage. My only concern with this election is, I don't know WHO to vote for. I'm not sure I like either candidate to tell you the truth. I'm not sure if what they say in the debates and in interviews are just what we want to hear and then they will go and do whatever the crap they want when they get into office. I am more inclined to usually vote Republican, but I am a little disappointed with McCain and all his attacking. I mean, instead of saying what Obama DOESN'T do, why don't you say what YOU are going to do and not focus so much on him. I do like Sarah Palin, except at her debate, I was a little disappointed too. It seemed like she wouldn't answer the question they were asking and just talk about what she wanted. I don't know. I'm so confused as to who to vote for. It really scares me to have either of them in office, frankly. McCain, not quite as much, but I still worry about him a little bit. Anyway, that's just my feelings on the subject. Any insight or anything else you want to add? I guess I just need to do my research on each one and then like you said, pray about it.

Anonymous said...

I have spent alot of time researching the candidates online. I've watched the news, read articles in magazines, followed political blogs, browsed the candidates websites, watched ads on youtube, and researched various "rumors" about all the candidates and their VP nominees. While some of the issues STILL make my head spin, I think that I've gotten enough truth to decide who I'm going to vote for and my decision has been reinforced the more research that I do.
Washington needs fixing and it's going to take more then 4 years to do it. But I think that the McCain/Palin ticket will be the beginning of what I hope will be a positive change in government. JMO.