Friday, October 31, 2008

A day in the LIFE

So today I was thinking of what my life is like and how crazy I am about my scheduling sometimes and how so much of my time is filled with ADHD tendencies and procrastination. This month I have been ramping back up from Toby leaving and getting re-focused.

My day started, or day before it didn't end until 4 am. I was up doing homework and secretly hoping Toby would get online and send me a one line email like he usually does. (Those seem to make my days)...I thought to myself at 4 that I should get to bed or the next day was going to bite me. Doing this day after day you would think I would know that I can totally function but I have found more sleep does help with my recovery with my workouts so I gave in. I actually slept on the couch because I was restless.

7am kids get up and I am pushing them to get ready for their "storybook day" (different post) and had planned on making them a good breakfast but ended up making sure they had cereal and I think Cy had a piece of toast Grandma made him. Side note: I am a night person ok? I do a couple days a week get up to go to the gym early and that helps get me going, but most days it takes me about 30 minutes to suck it up and get going. Kids are off! Wait, no Courtney needs me to take her to school and wants some more info on the character that she is being for school.

Get back and am a cereal mom for the day. I even had cereal so that is not a good precursor to my day. I am excited however because it was a dress up day for Carmen also at her new Pre-school and she was really excited. I put big girl makeup on her and for a girly girl that is fabulous. I pick up the basement and out on some makeup and head to take her..now it is already 9:45. I am in my workout wear because I planned to work out first think in the morning! lol

With odds stacked against me on my morning cardio I decided to not try the gym without Carmen to help with Cera at the daycare. I pull out my trusty, awesome running stroller, grab some treats, my dog, Cera and head out to go on my run. I hear Cera screaming at the top of the street. Not a good sign. I turned around and brought her home and she went right to nap. It is now 10:30 and I have not ran more than maybe 1/8 of a mile.

My mom was home working on things in her office upstairs that thankfully she agreed to listen if Cera woke up and I took off! I ran about 1 1/2 miles and my body finally got in sync. I hate that it takes me awhile to get in the groove but oh well. I run past the house because I have to go to the bathroom and decide to grab the dog so she can get a workout also. Turns out she is afraid of leaves and it is fall in Utah. I ended up picking her up and carrying her home. Then I ran another 1 1/2 miles and decide that I am done. I am starting to be able to farther and farther because of the awesome interval training I have been doing 4 days a week.

I call my husband to talk quickly before I have to get Carmen from school. I of course talk to long and have to hang up on him to run in to get her. I feel bad because I am still dripping sweat, but just glad to have got to get out and run.

Now it is noon..I have not done my situps or pushups yet. I go downstairs and jam out a quick 4 minute of situps which included 100!!! yay.. I have to work on my pushups but can do 12 now, so that is exciting.

Time for us to have lunch. I have tuna mixed with cottage cheese (which is actually good after I broke my carb/sugar and addiction). I have an apple and some water. I wanted to get to more homework but had to get to Costco to get my protein and new turkey my sister told me about before the older kids are out of school and start that mayhem. Go get in the shower, be thankful for short hair that dries fast, and off we go! Oh yeah the girls had lunch and a bath in there somewhere after lunch.

Head to Costco but stop at payless to look at dance shoes for Carmen. Find nothing, talk her into maybe they have some at Costco..I really shouldn't lie to my child but it worked. I stop and get gas at 2.55/gal YAYAYAYAY!

Costco took too long and they did sell out of flaxseed! Get churro that is habit and head home. Churro stays uneaten in car as I type. I picked up a pizza for dinner so have to pop that in soon. Carmen is taking a nap so I check my email and classwork. I am currently taking 21 credits for school so I have to keep up or it will all unwind fast.

Dinner is done and we better hurry because break dancing starts in 20 minutes. Everybody in..drive and hear about everyone's day all at once, while younger girls are eating their pizza cut up out of bowls. Anyway, drop older kids at break dancing and head to a Downeast Outfitters to get two more tanks to run in. Walk through Mervyns and see they are on an ALL SALES ARE FINAL..status now. Anywho, go get Court from dance while Cy stays to do his boys club. Get a paper saying that costumes and travel sweats are being ordered for competition and I find out that they are 80/piece!

Take younger group home and get Cera to bed early. Mom is thankfully home again and we decide on our day out tomorrow with Grandma and Aunt Em and I take off to get Cy from boys club. I hear about all the new moves and fun party at dance and get home to get ready to go to gym. Make sure the kids are settled in and being quiet and I take off to try to catch 30Rock for my warm up cardio. I fell off the treadmill last time watching something funny on the TV so was taking it easier. I walked at an incline for 25minutes to get my heart rate up. Next went to do weights and was excited to curl the 50pd wacky bar 4 times. The manager asks me if I would want to do promotions for him again when it gets to be busy season and I shrug it off. I only did 20 minutes of intervals because I have to get home to have a late night with the kids before Halloween and promised to pick them up something at the store.

Showing back up with unhealthy soda and popcorn we watch the recorded office off DVR. Then it gets turned to Disney channel while I read Dr. Suess to Carmen.

Finally at 11:45 the kids start dropping off like flies and I can get to my homework. I have about another hour to go until finished but am excited about my day and all that was accomplished. I have to clean again tomorrow because we are webcamming with Toby and it needs to look like I am trying at least..lol

Have to have my morning workout done by 6 tomorrow or I won't get it at all. We are going with Grandma somewhere fun and then webcamming and homework and then the night festivities.

Well, that is a day in my life. Sometimes less busy, but I love it busy..Makes the days go by soooo fast.

Got to get to bed so I can start my craziness yet again.
LOVE IT

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Great summary--another post that makes me motivated to finish all the entries I've started but thought I should add pictures to over the last couple of months. Love hearing what is going on. Are you still working? I don't know how you get everything done!!

ferntyler said...

dude - crazy day, i hate it when i am stil in my workout gear when i pick the kids up - that means i am definitely behind schedule :) way to go to get it in, though, that's what you have to do.. wat's the new turkey, is it the turkey breast you slice up, or the sliced turkey, or neither? do you really let your kids watch the office? have fun tomorrow

staci said...

wow, I'm completely exhausted after reading your post. WHERE do you get all your energy girl?? Happy Halloween to you guys!! :)

Tenae said...

My days are like this too! Just not that much exercising....which I need to do. Call me if you can ever squeeze a minute in there. It's okay if it's at midnight! :o)