Saturday, October 25, 2008

Have you ever?

In all the times that you have gone to the movie theater have you ever gone to see a movie by yourself?

Well have you?

With Toby being gone this year, I have. I have actually a couple times but let me give you some insight of what it was like for me this most recent time.

My Mom and Dad were out of town. I decide I want to go see a movie and get a babysitter. It is late on a Saturday night. I get there and the theater is pretty bare. The movie I want to see is supposed to be funny and only been out a couple weeks. I thought it would be packed.

I get my lonesome popcorn and head to get my seat. I get in there and immediately feel creeped out! There is not one other person in there. Ok..so I am a little early. I sit down..that lasts about 30 seconds until I feel like a horror movie when you are yelling at someone for staying there too long in a scary situation.

I get on my phone and make a phone call to another Army wife I know will be up late. We talk for a minute and laugh at what a stupid head I am sometimes. I decide I will probably go get my money back and just go rent a movie.

Heading out, I decide that I really wanted to see the movie..I am just going to find people that are going in there and will go back in when someone arrives. Good plan right?

So, I stand right behind the guy taking tickets and listen like a creep at where people are headed. I felt weird, so instead I backed up a ways and started asking people where they were going... like that is not WEIRD! lol

I almost went to see Eagle Eye because that is where everyone was headed. I finally found this couple that was going to my movie and they said they would make sure I was not murdered during the movie. So sad.

I am sure I would have been safe to watch the movie alone, but just in case this couple was the only other people in there.

I guess I will go to a matinee during the day next time for some peace of mind and to not make a fool of myself looking for a friend when I get there.

3 comments:

Tenae said...

I miss you!

Anonymous said...

I discovered the joy of seeing movies alone when I was in college. Granted, I prefer to have my husband with me but I don't mind seeing movies alone. It is a little strange at first, but you get used to it! :)

ferntyler said...

I actually have a couple of friends that like going to movies by themselves (that's not working for me because mostly the part I like about going to movies is talking to the people I"m with - maybe that's why no one wants to go to movies with me?).. just try the matinee - you will probably love it ;)