Tuesday, November 4, 2008

God Bless America



Some are saying this day is something that all Americans will remember where they were when the results were in. I was at the gym. I was running and knew that it was about to be called and finished my workout early to not show sadness with strangers around me. It is true however. I felt today some of the feelings I did on 9/11. Watching not knowing what would happen but knowing this was a big event that would change my life.

In the face of defeat, I am sad that my ideals are not in the majority but welcome our new President of the United States of America.

I have however found something I really do enjoy and that is politics. Maybe because I love solving people's drama. lol. I am more sure now than ever that this is not over. I can do my part and keep my leaders accountable for making this Country the best it can be. I will find ways to be more proactive on anything I have control over and will exercise my right to let my congressman know my voice.

This is not the end of the Republican party and quite frankly just needs to give those of us with the same ideals some fire under our feet. We need to do more and be more involved to keep this Country the way we believe it is supposed to be.

Let's come together now and keep people honest. Let us gather and express gratitude for our right to vote. Thank the Lord for watching over us in the past and do our best to set good examples for those around us for the future. Please pray for our troops to be safe. Be thankful for the freedoms that we have and work hard in the future to keep those same freedoms. Join the ranks of those that will mark a path of change and keep your voice loud and clear to make sure it is the change America needs.

GOD BLESS AMERICA> LAND OF THE FREE>

4 comments:

ferntyler said...

good post - I wouldn't say I'm sad - maybe scared a little, but you just have to have faith in the country and the people that run it, right?!

Emily said...

Great post! Yeah, I'm with Michelle- not sad really but a little scared. We'll see how he does. I second your God Bless America

Tenae said...

My heart echo's this post exactly.

ferntyler said...

ok, i just read your comment on em's blog - who was bugging you about spelling? you must have spelled my name wrong or something if it was me :) ha ha
I promise not to bug you about yore grammer or speling either :)