Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Christmas Nativity






My sister Jen and her husband Mark are sooo great at celebrating everything. I love to have them here. This year we stayed home for Christmas Eve to have our own family party of sorts. The tradition has been in the past to go up to meet my Moms side of the family that has a party every year. Mom just got out of the hospital and we wanted to be with her so we are starting our own.

Jen and Mark prepared the Christmas Nativity skit and did a great job. Here are some pictures of the kids. It was hilarious and they did a great job. Two things I did notice: 1. my Dad was probably secretly wanting to kill whoever made my dog a sheep for the play..(i blamed that one on Mark ha ha) and 2. Michelle played the piano fantastically but her and Jen did not sit and play sleigh ride together, which is one of my fondest Christmas Eve memories. The kids had fun doing the play and I was glad we could all ( except for Toby and Kath and Darrell) be together to share it.

We had Mom's barbeque and it was a great night.

We also had another visitor! Santa actually stopped by our house. How lucky are we. Again, Jen and Mark are AWESOME!.. Mark bought a Santa suit like that day and decided to do it. I am so glad he did.. it was soo fun for the kids and gave me some good needed laughs.

Lastly..I cannot continue without adding my thoughts of Christ being born in such humble circumstances and fulfilling His mission in Life is such an inspirational to me. I am so greatful for my Heavely Father and for His plan and that Jesus was willing to do His part. I am greatful for Mary and think of how it must have been for her. Telling her parents of the child must have been a bit hard for her. Not only to carry this baby who she knew was the Son of God but also for the faith she must have had. For Joseph to stay by her side in these circumstances and help her along the way. To go to a stable to have a baby that you know is the King would have been a humbling thing for her. What great examples they are to me..I am thankful this day for the message Christmas brings and am reminded of how blessed I am.

No comments: