Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Merry Christmas






Today was a great day. We got to start it out with Webcamming early so Toby could see the kids and their faces in surprise at what Santa left. It was good, but at one point we let Toby go because it was really hard to not be here.

We made a great day of it however and had alot of fun with cousins and family that was in town. We had a full house. Jen and Mark came with their four kids. Michelle and Robie with their three kids, and Em and Dan stopped by every chance they got. (or ran every chance they got, however you want to look at it ! lol)

We have some great traditions as a family and breakfast casserole is one of my favorites. Everyone was upstairs this year due to moms hip accident, we wanted her to be a part of it all too. We had the kids open all the gifts and then took a breather and ate breakfast and then the parents continued on.

It was a really fun morning and then my favorite part of the day came. I am such a nerd about this. No other day of the year do I like to clean but Christmas day I love to put everything away. I tried to leave most of the decorations up because I understand that most people like to enjoy it all day, but I got the downstairs Christmas tree taken down at least.

We had a great Christmas Day dinner and enjoyed some great company. I have to add that I got a new heart rate monitor from my Mom and Dad and LOVE IT! I love doing interval training and have been using my Dad (which he is desperate to get back..right Dad..lol) so I am glad to have my very own. YAY

Other than that as far as gifts go.. Rock Band is probably going to be our most used, but everything was a hit.

Merry Christmas Everyone!

No comments: