Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Memories of Grandma


I took this picture of Carmen and Grandma doing the dishes. She was asking me if I ever did the dishes with my Grandma and it took me back to some of my favorite memories of my Grandma's house. Much like many homes, Grandma had a window by the kitchen sink that looked out on a huge tree. It also was very unique because you could (not that I think we should have been) climb out the window and sit on the roof of the extention of the home and play in the big tree.

Many times I remember doing the dishes and then climbing out there. I don't remember if Grandma was overjoyed at us doing that. I remember one time doing the dishes and my sister Kath had climbed the tree and was making faces at us from outside.

How fun it has been to unconventionally live with my parents on and off. My kids have definetly been spoiled in that aspect with getting time with Grandma and Grandpa.

I was glad though that Carmen could make some of the same great memories that I made with my Grandma.

No comments: