Sunday, January 30, 2011

End to a chapter, new beginnings

This last week was super exciting because Toby took a test that is very important to his career and HE CRUSHED IT! I am so stoked about how awesome he did and super proud of him.

The test he took was the ASVAB. Normally it is only taken once for the entrance into the Army. He has been praying about his career for years now, and decided to finally do something about it. He has decided to put in his packet to be a Warrant Officer. This is a big deal for him and us as well. We have been talking about the choices and making decisions since he was deployed. This ASVAB score was something he had to get higher to be able to even qualify to put in a packet for this position.

He studied really hard, and with fasting, prayer and special family members and friends behind us.. the Lord allowed his mind to be open and know the material he had studied for the test.

We are so very thankful to everyone and their support. Have gratitude in our hearts for how Heavenly Father has taken a different role in our lives and we have learned to share our experiences with the One that knows us better than anyone else.

Our new Family Theme this year is " I will go where you want me to go, I will say what you want me to say, I will do the things that you want me to do, I will BE who you want me to BE"

With this change, it has jolted us into movement again and the conviction that the Lord needs us to be examples for all of those searching for happiness.

We are currently finishing up his packet and he changes jobs within the military this week. He is going back online ( means he will no longer be in an office, but working with soldiers.) We are excited for the change and are very focused on our blessings and what the Lord wants us to do.

For me- being super supporter to my husband and children is the focus. I am also changing our family nutrition, and dependency to processed foods, still work my vinyl business and finish more of my personal training certifications to be a better ME and be a better example for those struggling.

I love my life and am so thankful for the gift of free agency. Learning from mistakes, bad choice and consequences. Also the ability to reap the benefits of following my Savior Jesus Christ and the happiness I can obtain if I stay on the right path and hold strong to the iron rod.

No comments: