Monday, February 18, 2008

And we finished with SUCCESS

Ok, so I took a week off of doing most everything in my life to get the girls in new routines and create new habits. I want to follow up with that it was a Success..

Carmen no longer needs a sippy cup!! Why didn't I do that sooner? I always felt guilty because I was taking away her security blanket, but it had to happen. She is doing awesome! Along with that action, it has led her to not drink as much so I was also able to successfuly potty train. We are not completly done, nights and errand running we need some practice, but for the most part. Conclusion: She has been ready for a long time and I have been too busy or too lazy to put the effort in. Timing is right though. We have a while until another long road trip and she is confident enough after dads departure.

Cera, was easy. I say that after a week of successes! Although sometimes this week I did give her the bottle, she ended up not really drinking it while in bed. She cries still for a second, but nothing neiher of us can handle.

So all in all taking time to take care of some important stuff really did pay off and I am proud of myself. Not just for doing these tasks successfully but for putting off other things I would rather have been doing. It was worth it though, so YEAH ME!

2 comments:

Ryan said...

Great job Liz! you're awesome

ferntyler said...

You are awesome! Sorry for the delayed comment - we were gone for a couple of days, then I hurt my back so I was drugged out for a couple more. I'm so glad you had success.. you and the kids are probably both happier about it! more pictures, please...