Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Its my birthday and I will cry if I want to!

So it is my birthday and I can't help but look back on the past. Especially the last 10 years and how many experiences I have been through, some more than once (because some of us don't learn the first time).

I can't help but see Gods hand in my life. I can't help but get teary eyed seeing how many prayers have been answered. I remember praying for each child, when they were born, to just be healthy. How blessed I have been that all my kids are continually healthy. Not to mention, how blessed I am to have four beautiful, well behaved (most of the time) children.

I have been blessed to have been given a wonderful husband who loves me no matter what. Sometimes, we had our bad times, but he works really hard for us and constantly shows me how much I mean to him. He gives me constant praise and appreciation. He loves me fat, or skinny (which he hasn't seen for almost all the 12 years together). He really is my world, and me his. He yearns to be a better member of our church and be the best Dad he can. HOW BLESSED AM I?

I can't help to think of the parents I was able to come down to on this earth. How amazing are they? A Dad that has never hesitated to work hard for his family, but still be there to talk. I remember going on a walk with him before I got engaged. He probably was thinking "holy cow you are 19" and wanting to give the advice not to do it because he probably knew how hard it would be. Probably hard for him because he would want to protect me, but he didn't. He gave me advice, told me to be like my mother and I would be ok. He walked with me and listened. How blessed am I? The mother I was blessed with could never be better..man she is amazing. She has always been there. Not only when we were in Utah, but she has literally taken me across the country. I remember her taking me to Minnisota, only to have us stay there a couple months. Or when I had a really hard day in Idaho and Toby called her and she came to my rescue that same day. She has helped me see the big picture and make good choices. She has not only helped me be a good mom, but saved my marriage more than once.

They have given me the foundation of a good testimony of my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. They both constantly live what they believe. What examples they are. I cannot even express how blessed I feel.

This life in the military..some pity me, or feel bad for me..but no other job gives you so many chances to learn and grow together as a family and also personally. Never in the past 10 years of my life have I grown so much in such a small amount of time. Never have I been more patriotic. How blessed I am to live in this free land.

Crying on my birthday, yes..but out of joy. How blessed I am!!

3 comments:

Bethany said...

Oh Liz, what a great way to start a Birthday! Thank you so much for posting this morning. We are all very blessed and it's really great to stop and think about it! You made me cry on your Birthday.
Thanks again and Happy Birthday Liz!!

ferntyler said...

Seriously, I"m supposed to be going to a book club and now I am sitting here crying in front of the computer. Check my blog for your birthday post (don't expect too much) - You are such an awesome woman!

Laura said...

Liz, I'm going to comment sense I feel like I know you. (I've been kept up on your whereabouts and doings through the years thru Michelle) Your birthday entry was great. You are a wonderfully positive, uplifting lady. No doubt a ton of credit goes to your parents. You Nielsen girls are tough cookies! I'm amazed at all you girls capacity to do and achieve. Very inspiring...
Happ Birthday!!