Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Don't tell me what to do

So my mom came last week and we had a great time. In correspondence afterward she gave me some great advice that I shouldn't care what people think of me. Usually I don't, but because of this deployment and the fact I live on post, people think they have the right to tell you how to feel. What?

You know how annoying it is when someone touches your child just because they think they can? If I am crazy, and you have never had this happen then slowly move away from the computer and never read my blog again.. ok beecause for some reason people invade personal space without either the knowledge or the care that they are doing it.

I know that there are many people that have gone through deployments and some of them a couple of times. I know that they may have found some great coping tactics that worked for them. I understand the fact that people really do want to help. But come on..leave me alone for now. I will first say that I am extremely proud of how this experience has been for me and my family, and will probably have a bad day someday, but everyone is trying to create that feeling for me?

For instance: I go to church on Sunday and realized the month got away from me and I missed one sister that I am supposed to visit during the month. Just so happens to be the Relief Society President. It is not because I am depressed, or having a bad life, she had rescheduled our appt from the first of the month and then we had to cancel for some other reason. I just didn't make it. Why because my husband is deployed is it now a sin? If anyone else with a husband at home missed they wouldn't bat and eye, but my husband is gone and I am on a new project list.

This is more of a personal rant, but seriously. I understand that it is good to have things in place to make sure the women are taken care of when the husband is gone, but why because my husband is gone, do I have to be depressed and need some help? i will ask when I need it, I promised my Heavenly Father and Toby before he left that I would humble myself when necessary and ask for help.

Why can't we just inspire people to be better. Why because I have four kids is my life so doomed. i love being busy and involved in everything. I love helping people out and forgetting about myself.

I had a friend who was in desperate need who called me last minute. Crying because she felt so bad to ask if I could run and get her and her kids some meds from the clinic. Why was she crying? To me that is stupid. yes, I have added responsibility, but I am the same Liz that will do anything for a friend!!

If you have continued to read to this point you will see that my new motto for March is "Don't tell me what to do, or how to act"

I thank you for all your prayers and support because that is all I really do need. The Lord blesses me with angels daily to help me on my way.

2 comments:

ferntyler said...

They must not know you very well yet if they think you will do what they suggest anyway - let's face it, that is probably only going to make you want to do it the other way anyway :). I've always thought that visiting teaching the Relief Society president would either be brutal (they're totally watching you) or really easy (they're too busy to have you come).. sounds like you got brutal!

ferntyler said...

something must be wrong - you haven't posted in a week, so you must be depressed, or stressed out - we'll send someone over immediately :) ha ha I couldn't help myself!