Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Garbage Night

Ok, wednesday nights make me laugh. They used to make me crazy but I can't change it, so now I laugh. Thursday is garbage day, so wednesday night is my garbage night. I gather all my random garbage in the house to make sure it gets to the curb so I can have garbage space for next weeks crap.

In El Paso it is pretty windy. Ok, we call it our own little wind tunnel, but really it blows really hard sometimes. What makes me laugh is that the one constant thing i can count on here is that on wedneday nights the wind will blow. Sometimes we go the whole week without any wind, but never since I have lived in this house have we missed a wednesday night.

After picking up my trash from down the street a couple weeks in a row, I decided to wait until the morning to put it out. i am up early and then it can't blow away was my reasoning..two weeks ago was the first day I missed the gym and my alarm. I had two weeks of trash for the next week and decided to never do that again. I purchased an extra garbage can and now have rejoined the neighbors who randomly set their trash out on Garbage night to blow away.

Thinking about it, maybe the garbage guy never comes, it really does just blow away? Ha Ha

1 comment:

ferntyler said...

That is hilarious! our garbage guy definitely comes because he is a big jerk and leaves our garbage can like 5 feet from where he finds it, on its side with trash hanging out (which makes the birds really happy)... as long as the trash is blowing towards mexico? just kidding (or am i?_)