Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Socks

Tonight as I was getting home for our crazy wednesday runaround schedule. I have found I have a routine starting. As soon as we get home for the night, I quickly run to my bedroom and change whatever pants/capris I have on to something more comfy. Alot of my clothes do not fit anymore, so I am finding my running pants to be the best choice as of late.

Tonight something surprised me about myself..it was not the fact that I didn't have a clean pair of matching socks or even the lack of effort I put forward to find some in my drawer. What surprised me was the hour after I had just put two different socks on affected my whole night.

Yes, I was a little tired tonight, but to be affected by a two mismatched socks is just absurd. I found myself thinking of the lady I used to visit teach from church and how she never had on matching socks and that bothered me. The fact that one of the socks I was wearing was one of Tobys' "left behind crap" I still haven't put anywhere. It really was bugging me, but yet not enough to just take off the stupid socks and find a match. All the laundry is done, they have to be somewhere.

i just thought it was funny that I am a freak about the weirdest stuff..socks!!

2 comments:

ferntyler said...

that's very insightful - I had on two different socks the other day and I knew I probably SHOULD be bothered by it and yet I wasn't. I think the most i was bothered was when I had two left shoes on, but that was mostly because it was uncomfortable. That is probably why your house is so clean, though, I was noticing on the cruise that Robie and I are definitely the slobby ones - the other ones were even talking about this Rubiks cube and how they like to have it solved because having that in "order" appeases their stress level :)

Jennifer said...

I found a website that will walk you through solving any Rubik's cube. The boys had borrowed one from a friend and I just couldn't take it. Doesn't explain why the rest of the house isn't exactly tidy all the time, but I agree, gotta have the cube solved. Oh, and the only time I care about my socks is when I'm sitting in a meeting a work an realize people can see the socks that don't match. Notice it doesn't stop it from happening ;)