Saturday, March 1, 2008

Grandma comes to town

I was so fortunate to have my mom come visit this last week. She came in time for Carmens birthday on the 25th.

She did however get to take the role of babysitter a couple times. I ended up in the hospital sunday night for a really bad headache and toothache. Then monday, it was still hurting so bad, I finally just called and oral surgeon. We went downtown, and mom watched the girls while I had my wisdom tooth pulled. Bless her heart..it was like an hour or so for the appt and pull.

We went shopping for Carmen afterwards and then we took the kids to gymnastics. We had a great dinner at Olive Garden that evening. It was so fun..probably not for my mom, but I love being busy and running around.

Cera is still having a hard time taking to people (anybody really) but seemed to do ok with mom for the few times I left.

We had a nice week (well at least I did) mom got a stomach ache for the last part, but we had fun and enjoyed her being here.

I will have to say that I forgot how much less effort it takes to do the little things like run to the store without kids. I am so used to taking them, that this week was really almost hard for me. I felt lost alot of times, but relieved at others.

Thanks mom for your support and awesome help while you were here. I love you and appreciate you so much.

1 comment:

ferntyler said...

holy cow! sounds like an exciting week - talk about perfect timing, though, i mean, if you are going to have to go to the hospital, can you imagine having to drag the kids with you? sounds like after it all you guys ended up having fun!