Monday, April 14, 2008

Don't tell your kids anything

I am so mad at myself for telling my kids about the Mrs. USA thing. I was laughing about it for two days so they kept asking me what was funny. I finally told and now am regretting it.

Yes, it made me do extra situps on saturday night, but today is monday and the feeling is long gone. I did run, but not at top speed and no situps.

So today after Courtney was done at gymnastics we were driving in the car and I had a candy bar sitting there. I try to eat good, but sometimes (i totally use this as an excuse) my blood sugar feels low and I am trying not to pass out, so I have a candy bar.

She says to me..."Mom, when are you supposed to be fit to do that competition?" Wow kids these days. Courtney is my healthy eater anyway, but she didn't have to put me in my place about it.

So even though I am not doing the pageant I am going to stop those candy bar fits and just do better already. The kids are watching me and I better start being a good example.

I know now that I won't tell Courtney anything if I want to be a slacker!!

1 comment:

ferntyler said...

how the heck have you lost weight and eaten candy bars? you are killing me :) Ashley has been the one that is helping me lately, because I have been trying to keep her in shape (she's always been on the chubbier side) and so now she is watching everything I eat (too bad she's not around when I'm eating most in the afternoon :)