Sunday, April 20, 2008

SANDBOX

Oh, I crack myself up..I had a couple friends over with their kids tonight (which truly means over 20 kids and 5 parents) but some of the kids were playing in the sandbox and throwing the sand out and what not, my friends were telling me they were sorry and I told them if I posted a blog named sandbox to not read it, so Annette and Sarah look away..

This sandbox has seriously got to be the worst purchase ever. I have ants all around, and haven't noticed any in there yet but am just waiting. I bought it for Cera for her birthday with cute pink sand to put in it. She doesn't really get the concept yet and Carmen just throws the sand out or gets it all wet and wastes it.

Seriously tonight (which mind you I don't really care because then I can put the sandbox away for awhile) was a mess maker. There is sand everywhere. It won't take long to clean up (oh wait I will just let the windstorms do that for me) but note to self: sandboxes make things sandy!!

We really did have a fun time tonight and got to know each other better so that I am grateful even if it does take a messy sandbox to keep the kids quiet for a minute.

2 comments:

ferntyler said...

it is amazing what we are willing to put up with for a few minutes of silence from the kids, isn't it? As you pointed out, though, it is totally worth it to be able to get to know people a little better and have fun (although it is hard to remember that when you are cleaning it up :))

Branch Family said...

LOL...yes, plz put it away so i wont feel so guilty anymore...but seriously, you were just trying to do something awesome for cera...you are a great mom.