Sunday, April 13, 2008

I do believe in MIRACLES

I have a friend from Fort Polk. We have never met in person, but know each other pretty good. Her husband is deployed to Iraq and she just went thru having a baby while he was gone, so we definetly have some stuff in common. She has had a harder time with this deployment than I and I finally am coming around to understand people that have difficulties.

Stephanie is her name and she is awesome. I keep in touch a lot on myspace and she blogs. One day she says that she is having the c-section early. The next day she has had the baby but the baby has some problems with her heart. I can't even imagine the difficulty to face that alone. Cera was in the NICU for her lungs, but I just trusted in God and everything was fine. She did the same and just asked us all for our prayers.

She initially was having a hard time getting her husband back her to take her and the baby to San Antonio where the baby was going to get open heart surgery on the 11th. Her husband was finally granted leave and came home to his family in termoil. She was trying to keep it together but that was a lot of stress. So as a family the went to San Antonio for the surgery. We have all been praying literally around the world for this little girl.

Next time I get a blog update it says "do you believe in miracles?" as the title. Goes on to say when they had the pre-op with the doctor she was asking questions about the follow-up appts and how long the baby would be in the hospital and things of that nature. The doctor said NEVER. Wow, God is so good to this family and answered my prayers that went out to her. The holes in her heart had healed themselves and were totally gone. What a blessing. She really needed her husband home too, and now they are all together for a little longer.

I just wanted everyone to know, if you didn't already, that I believe in miracles. I trully believe that angels are surrounding my home and watching out for us. I know that angels help toby everyday deal with the seperation from his kids and wife and civilian life. I know God Lives and so does my brother Jesus Christ. I believe that we can become perfect but only through Him. I have such great examples in my life with my parents and see the blessing in my life from them living righteous lives.

I hope everyone can see the miracles (big or small) happening around them daily.

I DO BELIEVE IN MIRACLES!!

1 comment:

ferntyler said...

great story - it is so easy to forget all the things that are miraculous in our lives! I have a friend who does Spiritual Thought thursday - I keep meaning to start something like that up - stories like this always make your day brighter