Monday, May 19, 2008

Happy Birthday Mom

It is really hard for me to be able to put everything I know and feel about my mom on my blog, but I will try to at least scratch the surface of this amazing women.

Lets start by telling you all that my mother is the best example of selfless service. Not only to her family, but countless countless hours of service to others in our church and all the various commitees she is on. She may be slowing down in some ways, but I still see her love and devotion.

My mom is the most thoughtful human being. She is the one person that my husband knows he can count on for random pick me up stuff. He knows I try, but my mom has the great cookie making skills and somehow always makes it to the post office when she wants. She is the one person that you can just be talking to and she will find that need and fill it. She has a serving heart and picks up on the smallest thing.

As far as being a Grandma..although I talked Carmen into calling her old yesterday..she is sooo thoughtful. The kids never have to wonder if she loves them because she not only says it but shows it..It isn't about buying them stuff either. The thoughtfullness of cards that shows her and Dads love is overwhelming sometimes. The kids all know that Grandma can be counted on whenever and wherever and love you sooo much! What an example of love.

Being a mom she has taught me so much..most ask where I learned to get so much done and in a good mood all the time. My mom I tell them. I have her on a pedastal and refuse to take her off. She has raised 7 kids..who I like to think have turned out pretty good and has managed to support her husband with his crazy (still good) work ethic.. She has taught me the meaning of unconditional love and forgiveness. She gets inspiration and acts on it to bless others.

I will tell a little story..this week I got a package in the mail that had some things for the kids (very thoughtful) and something for me. Not only a very encouraging not that I needed but a book. Some would think a book was a book, but no she went above and beyond and marked the page with a sticky note to help me learn a new principle in my life. How one simple selfless act can change someone!! Thanks MOM. I needed it that day and she went above and beyond. The great thing is that it isn't just for one person, she has a big family and alot of friends and manages to get it all in. Touching lives daily. She is what I want to BE!!

When I set my goals, I know that if I set them to be like my Mom I will succeed in life. My trials may be different then hers, but she has shown me what it takes to get through them. She has always set a steadfast example of excellence.

Happy Birthday MOM!! You are the best at everything and I love you. I appreciate all you do for us on a constant basis and want you to know even though I only tell you every so often how much you mean to me..you are a beacon of light to show me the path I should follow. You truly are inspiring!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: