Wednesday, May 21, 2008

No toilet paper

Well I now know how long the Tennyson's can go without toilet paper. Please don't turn me in for neglect!!lol

I meant to get some at the store on Saturday of last week because we only had one roll left. However I forgot and really we are not home that often so I thougt I could wait until the first of this week.

Sunday..we ran out. I was not feeling well in the afternoon and was definetly not going to the store on Sunday. Monday however..I could have gone and didn't. I had alot of stuff to do and I forgot when I was in the shopette. Tuesday the kids were asking if we could go to the store, but another busy day and I had my dance class at night so it didn't happen. Today I finally made it to Walgreens of all places because Courtney was begging me to get some.

We improvised with what we had..baby wipes! I did have something, just not the normal thing other people use.I tell myself that to make myself feel better about not being prepared for a daily necessity. I think we could make it with my stash of baby wipes if a catastrophe hit El Paso.

4 comments:

Emily said...

Okay, so I really can't judge b/c I have 0 kids and a husband home to help me with errands if I need. (he doesn't willfully do it.):-) But when your kids are begging you to get some toilet paper, come on?? I am actually laughing out loud at this story as I sit in my lonely las vegas hotel room. Too bad I don't gamble. Anyway, thanks for giving me something to laugh at. I will have to tell you about this business trip. RIDICULOUS!! I have never met so many computer illiterate people. Sorry, had to vent. Great blogs!!

Tenae said...

I have totally done this before! A few times! Dont worry, your kids will not be permanently scarred. LOL

Jennifer said...

Hahaha, best blog of the day award definitely goes to this post. I remember digging through the camping stuff in the garage because I knew there were some napkins in there. It was so much easier than going to the store...

ferntyler said...

I forgot I never commented on this blog - i was laughing too hard. Now what happened, you lost your will to blog after you ran out of toilet paper?