Sunday, May 4, 2008

She told me so

I hate to admit it but months ago I blogged about someone telling me to take it easy and not overwhelm myself and I thought she was full of it. Today I finally realized that she is so wise and that I wish i would have taken her advice.

After this incident today I am really trying to figure out this whole being alone thing. My kids and I are having a good time and the time is flying by but there are many times recently that I should have said no to many things.

She suggested that I take a day off and I thought that to be ridiculous, but she was right..ok she was right. I am having a blast and trying to better myself but have just decided until I figure out why I am sick and start getting better I am going to slow it down.

I scared Courtny pretty bad on the way to the gym the other day and never want that to happen again, so regretfully I am giving myself a couple days off. At least until after my physical.

I just have to take care of stuff system wise and feel like if I don't things will start to take over my life..ie:other peoples drama.

It is really going to be crappy not working out for a couple days, but I am sure my body will manage. I will still eat good, because I have made a lifestyle change but am taking a break.

2 comments:

ferntyler said...

You definitely need to rest (hello, can you say 2 miles in 19 minutes). Working out is important but you can just do Pilates or yoga or something at home (I think they have some free routines on Itunes) that is more relaxing than harsh workout stuff, especially if you are still puking, and now that your back is hurt you need to rest entirely. I admire you so much for your drive, but finding a balance is so important to good psychological well-being!

Jennifer said...

OK, so I'm usually a silent blog stalker, but these last 2 are too much. What's the update? How are you?