Sunday, May 4, 2008

Sunday Catastrophy

I hope I even spelled that right, but really don't care right now. I have had one of the worst days of this year and am really bummed.

Sunday started out great with fast sunday for the older kids and eggs and toast for the babies. We got out the door headed to church about 30 minutes early. I was really excited about that and the kids seemed to be in good moods as well. What a great day I thought.

We got to church and greeted everyone like usual. I like to go early and meet all the new families or investigaters. Everything was great. Got a seat in front of the senior missionaries who always want to help me out with the kids so life couldn't get better.

Sacrament meeting started and Cera was not about to sit for two minutes. I managed to have her be quiet for the sacrament with almost shoving licorice down her throat. I had to keep her mouth full to be quiet. After that I just had to go to the foyer. I really felt I wanted to bear my testimony and went back in to have cyrus pushing courtney over in the pew. They have never misbehaved in church before so I was dumbfounded. I got Cera settled enough and bore my testimony and then took her out again.

I was leading the senior primary and finishing up with Cera in my arms when my back started to hurt and I had to take my heels off. I went to sit down AND my back blew out...ok so I don't know if it is blown out per se, but crap it hurt. I had Courtney take Cera out of my arms and out of the primary room. I followed and found that my back was ok standing. I proceeded to get ready to go and talk to the missionaries about any friends i wasnted to share the gospel with and dinner with us on Tuesday night. Church was over and I could not hold the girls. Some randoms helped me to my car and buckled the kids in. OUCH!!! my back was in serious pain and I didn't know how to get me and my kids home. Liz Tennyson has a problem with asking for help. Finally decided to suck it up and backed myself into the driver seat. It only hurt to sit, push the gas and the break, so I was ok right..lol

Anyway, got to my house to find out that sometime in the last day the bed I was holding for a friend moving into town had been stollen. Seriously!! I made a quick police report and called her to let her know she no longer had a bed. I drove to a friends house just in case I had to go to the ER. I probably should have gone, but who can take 4 kids when they already have 4 or 5 themselves and the ER visit would take probably 6 hours.

Suck it up again and had lunch at a great friends with great company. Finally got in so much pain I decided we needed to leave or I would not be able to drive. No medications seem to be working.

I am home now and typing while standing. I have tried to sit and it is painful. I have tried to lay down and it is also painful. Bodily functions (sorry so personal) were an adventure. I hope I don't have to sleep standing because my legs are tired.

I have a physical on Wednesday and hope to make it that far. I have the missionaries coming for dinner on Tuesday so maybe I will ask for a blessing. I just keep hoping and praying it will go away. What do people do when they are like this? I am all alone here. I have been throwing up all week and getting very weak dispite my very healthy food choices. Can a 30 year old body seriously break down?

Ok, so the kids are in bed and I am hoping this heating pad starts to make me feel better, or I don't know what to do.

Anyway, better go pray for some peace.

1 comment:

ferntyler said...

Liz - if you are still awake tonight, please call me! I have had back issues and I can walk you through some exercises that might help a little to stretch it out. Honestly, I think the most important thing is getting to the doctor and getting a muscle relaxer called Flexaril, I tried resting and just working through it and the only thing that can get you over the inital trauma is that medicine! this just happened to me again earlier this year (we were at disneyland, but luckily I was with Robie's mom so she could get the kids in and get us home). If it is the same as me it is probably going to be worse in the morning - you HAVE to ask for help with the kids so you can rest for at least one day. I wish I was closer because I would love to take the kids to help out because I know how much it hurts! Anyway, hope this helps - go get the medicine at the dr!