Monday, June 9, 2008

What to do when I am missing my Hercules and Brain


Seriously today I lost my brain somewhere and my kids will never let me forget this day! I decided in the spirit of moving to unhook my washer and dryer so they can be moved to clean under and so forth. Somewhere in the mix of things I stopped paying attention and this is what happened:

1. Start unhooking hot water hose..gets hot, so I think to go turn the valve off of the hot water heater. No water comes out of hose, small success

2. I unhook cold water hose and water starts splashing EVERYWHERE! I am a quick thinker and have my son hold a bucket and catch the water while I go out and turn off the main water valve. YAY for me!! I am set if we have a disaster.

3. Start to think why the crap I had to go through such a fuss to take the hoses off the washer because it wasn't that hard when my husband hooked them up.

OH YEAH>> there are valves on top of the hose!! DUH could I be anymore stupid in this situation. (they were covered so you couldnt see them straight on if that is a good excuse)

After cleaning up my flooded kitchen (yes the washer and dryer are in the kitchen) I started to turn of the valves so I could go turn the water back on to the house and my Hurcules of a husband opened them up so much that it took me 10 minutes to get them to budge to close them.

What would I do with myself if I wasn't resourceful and couldn't laugh at myself? I would probably not exist because I do stupid stuff all the time.

BLONDE!! is my main excuse for the day

(pictures to come)

3 comments:

ferntyler said...

so are you not going to need those anymore? I would seriously not know how to unhook the washer or dryer (although I do know how to turn off the water to the house, as I do know alittle about flooding :)

Liz said...

I will need them at the new place but moving them this week and then going on vacation. I can use my neighbors for the next couple days.

Jennifer said...

ugh, moving sucks!! Add it to the list of things I hate about moving. At least you were quick on the alternate solutions. Luckily for me, our valves on the top of the hose are very visible so thus far (knock on wood) I haven't had any washer/dryer problems with moving. I did forget to turn off the water to the fridge once and ended up with a running water line on the kitchen floor for a few minutes while I tried to figure out where the water shutoff for that was. Looking forward to the promised pictures....