Tuesday, July 15, 2008

6 months milestone

I have always kindof hated when people have a huge amount of anniversaries for everything, so I will not call this an anniversary. This is a milestone. Today is the Tennysons 6 month mark for this deployment with the Army. WOW! time really does fly.

What we have done in the last 6 months:

Cyrus found out what was wrong with him and started on some good meds to get better. Cy had a great season of flag football. Cy has worked really hard on his schoolwork and physical health. He has learned alot about the Army life and how to be yourself in the face of peers making bad choices.

Courtney had a great time doing gymnastics and looks forward to starting back up this fall. She has also been working on her physical health and is a great eater (clean). Courtney has picked up any of my slack during this deployment and went from getting D's in school to being the top of her class with straight A's.

Carmen has always been daddy's little girl, so this has been kindof rough on her. It is hard for a 3 year old to comprehend how to communicate by phone. She has done a great job however and and has not changed but has become more and more hilarious.

Cera Jane of course has changed the most because that is what babies do. She has learned to walk, grown 8 teeth, learned to say hi and wave bye. She loves to babble on the phone and sit by daddys picture and say dada.

I have lost 45 pds, made some extra money for my family, improved my physical conditioning, read the book of mormon, made some good friends, came back in touch with some old ones. I have been given some new insight and appreciation for our country and have a deeper love for my husband than I ever thought possible.

I cannot really share much of what toby has been doing except for the Bataan Death March which was a marathon in his boots and full uniform and 45 pds ruck on his back. He has build some major muscle mass and has been positive in the face of adversity for 6 month away from his children, missing all the things listed above.

I am thankful for the last 6 months. My life is awkward but is really awesome. I see things different and am thankful for that. I get to feel emotions differently and more often than alot of people. Our family has been blessed beyond compare and I am thankful for the decision Toby made to change the direction in our lives. In tears and in joy I say thanks to all of you for the support of me and my family.
HAPPY DAY>> 6 month milestone!

2 comments:

staci said...

Congratulations to you and your darling family on all you have accomplished in the 6 months Toby has been gone. That's so cool to look back on all the good things you have done and improvements everyone has made. High five to you guys!! :)

ferntyler said...

wow - i can't believe it has been that long! you have done awesome, hopefully the rest of the time will go by even faster :_