Tuesday, July 8, 2008

I am out out of time out

I have released myself from time out. I have caved and took comfort in my addictions! I have my cell phone back. Although my text messaging is not really working again, I called T-mobile and begged them to let me have my phone off military hold. I really am more effective of a person with it. I think of some of the times in the last month I have spent more time than the money saved is worth running around because of that stupid thing.

I am working on it and hopefully after being in time out for a month (that is as long as I could last) I hope that I can not be so engrossed in it and not let it run my life like before, but I am really the helper bee and have let some people down (for which I am truly sorry)

Things I learned while not having a cell phone.
1. It is sometimes scary to drive 1000 miles on two lane roads at night
2. It is a hassle to keep in touch. (lets give a shout out for the inventor of the text message)
3. I found out I use my calculator alot actually
4. My phone is my watch. For someone who is very scheduled and runs late anyway..you take away my means of telling time and I am not very effective. Short example: The way I knew what time it was was by looking at a reciept from a store I was at. If not at a store than had no sense of time..very sad I know
5. My phone is my alarm. I never realized that my alarm is really what gets me up at 5 every morning. I just always kindof thought it just worked out that way.
6. My phone is my music. Ok, I do have a really cool phone, but take away my apps and I am hating it.
7. I like talking to my husband wherever. I use a calling card, but sometimes I just want to call and say hi and hate to go home to do it
Last but not least.. I confirmed what I knew to be true..I am an addict. Going off something cold turkey is not smart lol I am still going to use it sparingly and watch my budget with it, but come on..who was I kidding.

To all those laughing at me right now, knowing that I wouldn't last long. I say to you "you were right, but now you can call me and tell me yourself" YAY

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

You are rocking the posts tonight--I am also on a kick, but some of mine were old ones I just got around to finishing, so no extra credit for me. LOVE the phone, there's no shame in admitting reality when it's a reality we all share!!

ferntyler said...

seriously - no shame - I actually sent you a text that must have gone into the abyss to see if you wanted a pair of shoes that I have - i'll send it again for you... everyone should have a cell phone :)

ferntyler said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I went for years without one and finally broke down and don't know how I/we ever lived without them.