Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Lagoon Part I

I have been having a great time on vacation and loving being at my moms just chilling with the kids. On Monday the kids asked if we were going to go do something BIG while here. I have been thinking Lagoon for years, but we keep missing it. I told them it would be a surprise on Tuesday if I decided. (That is key for me being able to not go if I choose not to). Sometimes I penny pinch so we really don't do anything that is fun that costs money. The post usually provided us with our free stuff, but nothing like Lagoon.
Tuesday we woke up and I had decided to go. We had a million things to get done before I went so we got cracking. I had a package and a card and some other things that I needed to get together for Toby before I could go have fun. The park opened at 11 and we made it there finally around 12. I purchased the tickets, and we started to go in. Just the three oldest were with me. I thought taking CJ might not make the day as fun for the other kids. We gave our tickets to the girl and a rush of memories flooded me!

I remember mom dropping us off and us being there all day riding rides, I remember all my stupid different jobs I held there. For fun purposes: 1. Cotton candy maker (I am pretty sure this is where my sugar addiction started) 2. Regular food concessions 3. Taking pictures at the from when people walk in. Fun times!!

I remember going into the COOL employee lounge to eat and take breaks. (still with the food?) I remember my paychecks that after working a full week were like 100. So funny.

Anyway..I started to tear up a bit because Toby and I have never actually been to Lagoon together. We both grew up here, we both worked there at the same time, but did not know each other. After we were dating there were to many other things to do. I missed him getting to do all the fun stuff with us. Ok, enough of that. I think what I was really worried about is that the kids would have a fun time. Toby is the fun parent hands down. I am the one that hangs out and pretends to take care of stuff. The kids were so excited so I had to put it past me and like many times..put my fun parent fake it till you make it face on and go.

We decided to go to Lagoon a Beach first. It was so fun. I was proud of myself, because normally I would just have everything lay around with us, but I got a locker. I am starting to be precautious I guess. We had fun and got some good sun. Next we went and changed and started to ride rides. Carmen was with us so we started with the kiddie stuff. They have actually done a really good job with the revamp on that section. (mind you I have not been in over 12 years) but the rides were really fun for all of us. It started getting late and we took Carmen home to have some big kid fun. The kids had a blast! I gave Cy a couple bucks to go play some games and he came back with this huge stuffed animal. It was AWESOME.

It was a success and I was told it was the best day ever! I am putting this in two parts because there is something essential I learned at Lagoon that deserved it's own post.

1 comment:

ferntyler said...

Man, that's bringing back all my memories, too- Lagoon A Beach rocks! I did the lifeguard thing and the handstamp at the front along with the season pass pictures - so much fun - you'll have to go back when Toby gets back :)