Tuesday, July 29, 2008

MRS TEXAS

OK, so I have either got to do it, or quit thinking about it. I met someone who knows pageantry (if that is even a word) and she said my personality could win Miss Congeniality, but I need to work on a whole slew of things to even compete in a major competition.

She talked about my fore mentioned fat roll (so embarrassing), she talked about my poise and my speaking skills. She thankfully was not as mean as the other girl from Utah that I had talked to but very helpful.

So, I am going to give myself until after my surgery to work on a good resume. That is what they pretty much use in the MRS catagories. I laughed when I was talking to some guys about it and we decided that it isn't that great of a resume when I have 1. signed up to run a marathon someday 2. plans to go back to college someday 3. worksout when she has time..not too impressive right? I do however have the "she is raising 4 kids on her own while her husband is deployed overseas card to play" but I hold that card very close to my heart, because I never know when I will need it and don't want to waste it.

The actual competition is in June of next year, so I have to work hard this winter if it is what I decide to do..so for these next couple months, i will try not to bring it back up until it is a concrete goal and something I will not go back on.

Time is crackin until Toby comes home and we are ssooooooo excited I can't even come to describe the feelings..I can't really think of anything past August right now anyway.

2 comments:

ferntyler said...

I'm so excited that you get to see him, even if it is for a short time! UM, would I seem weird if I pointed out that you are not living in Texas anymore, thus the Mrs. Texas might be a little awkward? how bout you set the goal to compete in a triathlon with me? I'll even find one there if you are interested...

Sarah said...

DO-IT! What a fun thing to accomplish! You would totally win. And have fun with your honey in a few weeks!