Saturday, August 23, 2008

Devastated!

I am just soo sad right now. I saw the number of Toby calling and wanted it so bad to be him telling me he made it to the states early. I can't give specifics because of his safety but I am devastated that he is not close to being home.

I just feel like I got punched in the stomach! The kids are asleep and we ran around all day getting stuff ready for Dad to be here. I guess I will break the news to them when they wake up. Thinking of little Carmens face is breaking my heart. We have been doing her hair special for 2 days now, and nothing!

You know..I have only cried 3 times during this deployment and thought I was doing well, but then hearing my husband say it has been the worst day in his Army career is really heartbreaking. One day in 18 months isn't bad I guess.

I know this feeling will go away if there is ever a plane that can safely bring him home, but come on? How did I know that this would happen to the Tennyson family? I just knew that even though nobody else has had anything go wrong with r&r it would be us. We are strong and are used to this kind of crap, but I thought this time would be different.

Oh well..can't change anything with it myself. I guess I will not hesitate to go do some fun stuff tomorrow without him and just be excited someday when he shows up at the airport.lol

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh!! That just breaks my heart!! I'm so sorry that he's been delayed in coming home! I am hoping and praying that he will make it home safely VERY soon!!

Sarah said...

I hate that this happened after talking to you tonight and seeing how hopeful you and your kids looked. DANG the Tennyson curse! I hope there is happy news on Sunday!

ferntyler said...

I'm hoping no more blogs means he is here now ? the not knowing is the worst part, because you could prepare if you knew exactly when it would be - just keep positive!